Friday, August 07, 2009

Around the World: Italy

This picture is so beautiful, with those gorgeous dark blackberries glistening like little jewels, I can't believe it didn't make it into the book! This is one of two Italian menus I wrote for the book: Caponata Sandwich, tri-color pasta spirals, Mini Vegan Cheesecakes, and blackberries.

Caponata is a sweet-and-sour eggplant relish, wonderful here sandwiched between slices of crusty Italian bread with a slice of vegan mozzarella.

These muffin-sized vegan cheesecakes are one of my favorite "decadent" recipes from the book. They were very simple to make, down to their graham-cracker crust, and were a big hit with everyone who tasted them, both vegan and non.

Link: Vegan Lunch Box Around the World.

6 comments:

Water Sauce said...

This picture is amazing! If a photo like this didn't make it in, I can only imagine how gorgeous the photos are of the ones that did make it.

T.M. said...

You must stop making all these fabulous feasts! I can't keep up with them...teehee. Can't wait to get your new book;my copy of the first one is well-used.Thanks for putting together such a great bunch of recipes! My sister is a true carnivore and just can't wait to see what I pack her for dinner.

Anonymous said...

Everything looks great! I wish you would share some of the recipes on your blog like you used to...

Courtney

Virpukka said...

I can't wait to get that book. I pre-ordered it and I hope that they will post it so that I get it in the next week before my birthday. I gave it as a present to me from myself. ;)

vegan sugar said...

that sandwich is making my mouth water! Not that I don't love the first book, but I anticipate loving this second one even more

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.